Thursday, July 27, 2017

Watering...

It has been cloudy all day but I still went out and did my morning chores of watering the plants. I even watered the grass as my husband had requested because there were some pretty large brown spots. He and I have both worked really hard on the grass to keep it looking healthy and green.
Well wouldn't you know it, it is now pouring down rain. What is it with the weather, get told it isn't going to rain for days, I do my due diligence to keep my plants alive because we aren't supposed to get any rain and now I am concerned they will be over watered. Is it even possible to over water something planted in the ground? I know you can cause root rot in a potted plant, but is it possible when they are in the ground?
It would be so much easier if mother nature would work with me and not against me. However bright side I won't need to water in the morning, so I could actually sleep in. Nah, won't happen. I will have to take some new pictures of the plants. They are really getting big. Even the lettuce is starting to show growth. Soon I will need to get something set up for the cucumbers and zucchini to support the vines.
I have started two new plants, but these are a long shot because I have had the seeds for so long I am not even sure if they will grow or not. The description says it is a vine flowering plant so it changes the idea I had for it when I decided to plant it. Maybe I can make it a bush with training. Of course, it will have to actually grow to make that determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment