Monday, July 17, 2017

Eye Drops

Okay, so this just blows my mind. I don't know why it does but it does. For the surgery, I had to start antibiotic drops. Well, I totally missed the set of instructions saying I was to start them three days before the surgery. I finally looked at the summary notes from the doctor today...then I found out my copay for the drops was going to be $145.00 and some change.
It is always a bad sign when the doctor gives you a card to reduce the price of the prescription it is going to be expensive. Fortunately, with the card, I only paid $35.00 for the drops. However, after doing the math the prescription cost a total of $425.00. I about fell over, it was a good thing I was seated and belted into the seat in the car.
Now keep in mind I had not opened the box to see the little vial of evil I was going to have to find a way to put in my eye by myself. I have never been able to put drops in my eye. The eye doctor's assistant always has to hold my eye open when they put the drops in at the office. So I open the box and this is what I find...
a bottle so damn small my computer mouse looks huge next to it. The bottle is 1.7 ml for a whopping price of $425.00 and change. Are you kidding me? Oh well, I only have to purchase two more of these lovely little bottles of evil to do the 14 days after the surgery. It is one drop per day. Luckily I used the card the doctor gave me and will only have to pay $35.00 per bottle. It is still crazy!!
Vent over...for now anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment