Friday, July 28, 2017

Driving with the spouse...

How many of you ladies get annoyed with your spouse as a passenger? Most of the time my spouse does the driving because he makes me crazy when he is in the passenger seat. Needless to say, he is a perfectionist.
I find myself getting tense when he is sitting in the passenger seat. It is almost like being a little kid learning to drive with your parent in the passenger seat giving instructions on everything you are doing incorrectly.
This trip was fun even though he was correcting my driving. We were about an hour from home and I had gotten behind two cars who were traveling in the left lane at the same speed as the rest of the lanes. I was getting very frustrated and had seen an option of changing through three lanes to get around the slow drivers. I did not take it because by the time I realized I should have it was too late.
Not to mention I was driving a vehicle which was not mine and much, much larger than my little car. As I followed them I made the comment on the move I would have done in my little car. My husband's response made me laugh so hard it almost brought tears to my eyes. He said, "You better not drive like that, don't make me take your keys away."
Then he started in on the weight of the vehicle I was driving and how it would have been a really bad idea which would cause all kinds of panic in the other drivers.
Now, had my husband been driving he would have avoided the whole scene and gotten around them with no issues. Lessons in driving as you drive, right back in the learning seat after years of driving.
Guess we all need refreshers...

No comments:

Post a Comment