Saturday, July 15, 2017

Four down...two to go

I have to say two doctor appointments a week is just not the best way to spend any month. But the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and closer.
The mammogram appointment is complete only had to have one of the pictures retaken. Despite the whole having the breast smashed between cold metal and a piece of plastic to flatten it for the photo, the tech was really fun to talk with.
She had me laughing and I can say I made her laugh too. I am not a shy person so it generally allows those around me to not feel uncomfortable especially in not so comfortable situations.
I am so glad this group of appointments is just about finished. Two more to go and I am good for a few weeks. Surgery is the next appointment then the post op appointment is the very next day. A friend has indicated the pain is the worst the day after but doesn't recall much after then. After the discomfort of the injections, I have been receiving over the past 3 years I am not so concerned about the pain after.
I so wish they were going to be knocking me completely out, but if I am understanding them correctly I will just be sedated but will be awake. Maybe I will get lucky and the sedation will actually knock me out anyway.
So, I will make this request...Fingers crossed I sleep through the whole thing. This is what I would like each of you to think, wish, or pray (your choice) just send thoughts of sleeping through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment