Tuesday, July 25, 2017

1 Week Post-Op

Happy Tuesday all,
Floaters are still faintly there, but getting smaller by the day. The line in my peripheral is still dark, but I am sure it will fade as the floaters have in time.
Vision is still Carnival mirror like, but from being legally blind in the eye previously it is nice to be back to the mirror vision again. Seems weird to be happy about it, but going from the mirror to no visibility was heart breaking. So, to have some vision no matter how distorted it may be I am loving being able to see the colors again and see something in that eye again.
I am keeping my hopes up but am not losing sight of reality. The issue with the veins which originally caused the vision issues are still there and not something they can surgically fix which is why I had been receiving the injections.
And since the doctor(s) (because I have seen three) have no real answer as to why it happened, what caused it to happen. They have no ability to say it won't happen again or the leaking will not come back.
So the reality of this is, the veins are still cracked and not healing, the injection medication keeps them from leaking and allows the eye to do what it should do on its own and reabsorb what has previously leaked. This allows some vision to come back, but it never stays past the decrease of the medication.
However, if the injections are the only way to keep some eye sight in the left eye it is worth the once every three to four months having the needle stuck in my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment