Friday, July 14, 2017

Gardening Therapy...

YAY, the tomato seedlings I transplanted to the ground have survived. They have grown at least 2 in. since I planted them.
I also started 4 cucumber plants, 2 lettuce plants, and 1 zucchini plant. Three of the cucumber seedlings have sprouted, both lettuce seedlings have sprouted and the zucchini has sprouted. Now I just have to see how fruitful they will all be.
I am also excited to say the Orchid I received as a teacher appreciation gift is sprouting a stem off the main stem. This will be the second one I have not killed and watched continue to thrive. I suppose it was not as though I couldn't actually keep anything alive, I just needed to slow down and follow the directions or actually pay attention to the directions given on how to take care of the plant.
It truly makes me smile to know it all started with a single hydrangea plant I received on Mother's day 4 years ago. I have also gotten it back to the original blue color it was when I received it.
I am hoping this newly found interest will help settle my anxiety or at least give me something to assist in a point to focus myself on redirecting the anxiety in a positive way. A home grown form of therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment