Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Life Lessons

I was always told by my grandmother "God only gives you what you can handle." She would tell me even if I think it is hard, what I have been given is to teach me a life lesson and will never be more than I can handle. Now my grandmother has been gone for a very long time but I have never forgotten her words of encouragement and support even when at the time I would just huff at her.
I have asked myself on many occasions what I was supposed to be learning. Why do I need to learn this lesson? Why does it have to be taught in this way? I have never gotten immediate answers and in some cases, I didn't get any answers.
The one thing I have successfully done was survived! I refused to give up, even when at times it was all I wanted to do.
Life wasn't meant to be easy, but damn, does it always have to be so hard? Oh yeah, I am not one to take the easy way even if it is put in front of me.
Right now with the current ongoing lesson, I am really wanting to understand what I am supposed to be learning. Is it to teach me I don't have to be the strong one? Or maybe it is okay to be dependent on someone other than me? Just wish I could know the answer now.
It could very well be a lesson in patience which I do not have and could use. I suppose I could also stand to be less stubborn and strong willed.
Well, whatever the life lesson, known or not, giving up is not an option I will ever choose. Here's to learning and surviving every lesson thrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment