Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Post-Surgery Update

Hello all, I want to start by saying thank you all for the positive thoughts, well wishes, and prayers for everything to go well with the surgery yesterday.
Surgery went very well, no hiccups. It went smoothly and the whole appointment took less time than we were originally told. We were actually only at the hospital for about 3 hours as opposed to the 4 hours we were told.
All the nurses were surprised by my being a patient since they usually deal with patients who are a lot older than I am, so they were all calling me the youngin. It made me laugh.
I was told usually people don't remember the surgery, but I do. Mostly because I am used to the medication they use for the sedation since it is the same medication family as the anxiety medication I take.
I recall seeing the most fascinating bright red, yellow and white colors swirling around making the prettiest shapes. It helped a little to relax me, but then there was a pressure hit which made me jump and I got scolded. Which made them strap my head down to keep it still for the rest of the procedure. I really didn't do it on purpose it startled me and I had no control. :)
There was no actual pain per say, it was just pressure and I think it was caused by the sutures once the lens was placed in my eye. Of course, there has been a scratchy feeling, but have been keeping it at bay with ibuprofen every 4 to 6 hours when I am awake.
Since coming home I have pretty much slept 24 hours waking only long enough to take the ibuprofen and then to go in for the post-op appointment this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment