Friday, July 21, 2017

Veggies...

Well, it has been about a week since I placed the lettuce, cucumbers and single zucchini plant into the ground. Here is a picture of the zucchini and two of the cucumber plants. Then I decided to show you how well the tomatoes are doing.

  

They are thriving and I am so happy, I just might have my own grown salad by the end of Aug. :) The package says 45 to 65 days until harvest so we shall see. The lettuce is still looking really small but I will get pictures of them up soon.
Now, remember the tomato plants were started and grown from a tomato slice without drying or separating the seeds. I simply planted the slice in seedling soil and only about 2 inches below the top, watered it as I notice the soil was not damp and left it alone. Placed the pot in a spot where it got about 6 hours of sunlight per day. Morning and mid day sun.
All of the plants are currently placed in a location to get morning and mid day sun. They seem to be very happy and enjoying themselves. :) I water them every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment