Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Post-Op Appointment

Appointment went great. The eye is healing fabulously. However, I have to say I was completely taken by surprise when they said I had to do a vision test on the eye I just had surgery on. The look I gave the poor nurse had to have basically said, "Are you F'n kidding me?" I took the eye guard and placed it over my nose and began to read the chart lines. To my pleasant surprise even with the fun mirror vision, I made it all the way to line 25 showing I have gone from 20/200 to 20/25 vision in the left eye in less than 24 hours of the surgery.
The doctor is pleased with the healing process and has instructed me to continue using the eye drops for 6 weeks instead of the originally stated 14 days. This is the same eye drops I was talking about costing $425.00 per 1.7 ml bottle. However, I have now gotten the cost for myself down to only $35.00 thanks to the insurance and the pharmaceutical company soaking up the other parts of the costs.
Not scheduled to see the doctor again until Aug 2nd. All in all the past two days have been a move in the right direction and a positive spin towards my vision returning to normal again.
Keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, finally!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment