Thursday, March 8, 2018

Birthday Month Day #7

Today's accomplishment was controling my emotions and nerves during a mock interview session with my employment conselor. On a scale from 1 to 10 I averaged around a 5 over all. There were times I was more flustered then others with the questions I was asked.
The out come of the session, I should review my resume and pull the information out of the back of my mind and have it up front and ready. When you are on the spot it is very difficult to pull information you know but haven't used in some time to the front without hem and hawing when you haven't thought about particular facts.
It was very helpful and inlightening to learn even with be flustered at times I answered the questions pretty well. It was suggested if I am struggling with a question to offer to provide an answer at a later time. I had never thought about even asking for extra time but as it was explained to me, I wouldn't be sitting for the interview if I wasn't already qualified.
In person interviews, as it was explained to me, are more for getting a feel for the personality and fit of the individual whom they deemed qualified. It is all about dynamics and if the new peice will fit the puzzle. Keeping this in the back of my mind will help me the next time I have to sit in front of an interviewer and not feel so nervous or intimidated by the seat.
First impressions are always lasting impressions as we all know, so this is always something which makes people nervous, at least it makes me nervous. I have always encouraged others by saying just be yourself and it will be fine. It really sucks I can't seem to follow my own advise at the times I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment