Sunday, March 18, 2018

Birthday Month Day #18...Eye Update

Even though today started out a little on the rough side, it got better. I accomplished completing two chapters on my editing project and started a third one. I am very pleased with the progress and hope to keep it up. I just have to make sure I don't lose out on the progress of my own writing project. Book four of the series is not going to write its self!
I wasn't awake enough this morning to catch my alarm before it went off so as to not wake up my husband, which is why it started off a bit rough. Needless to say, he was not happy about being woke up since he had to work today. I hate when I wake him up. He did actually get back to sleep and was fine when he woke up at his normal time.
I am hoping my eye gets used to these stupid drops soon because they are driving me crazy. My eye itches and feels dry even though it really isn't. I have to keep blinking, it really sucks.
I know I mentioned in the eye update I needed to make a decision about continuing the injections or not but I am not sure if I was clear about the fact it is the injections which are causing the pressure and requiring the need for the drops. The timeline I gave on keeping my eyesight, what little it is in the left eye, was based on no further rise in the pressure/glaucoma damage to the optic nerve. If the pressure increases the timeline shortens. So, if I continue the injections I run the risk of causing more damage then actually helping the issue.
The bleeding, which is what is being called swelling, is only being slowed while the steroid is active, once it is done the bleeding increases again and the pressure goes back to normal range. Unsure if it reverses the damage already done or not but the pressure decreases as the medication dissipates.
The bleeding never stops even with the injections and the vision is never clear enough to actually see like normal or even close to normal. I may actually have to give in and start using an eye patch like the kids tease me about doing.
The eye is also starting to show the signs of a lazy eye. Since I can't really see too much out of the eye anyway I can't tell other than the feeling the lid is not fully open like the right one. So, there you have it, I will be talking to my general doctor and see what her thoughts on all of this are and to make sure there isn't anything else going on.
As always I will keep you updated as things happen and change! 

No comments:

Post a Comment