Sunday, September 17, 2017

Teaching Methods...

We all have different ways of teaching when we get into teaching and we generally learn as we go what works and what doesn't.
I know I could not do elementary school because I just do not have the patience for kids of those ages any longer, except of course my wonderful nieces, whom I love dearly. I also have a lot of respect for teachers of any grade. However, I honestly believe if you are a first-year teacher it is in your best interest not to disrespect a seasoned teacher.
I am also of the opinion you don't go in with the attitude of the principal from the movie Matilda and behave as though since you are the grown up, you win and the student loses when they don't comply the way you think they should. Or enjoy actually punishing students who don't meet your standards personality wise.
I have had my own experiences with teachers I honestly believed should not be teaching but somehow they are and do. All I can say is don't be a Ms. Trunchbull! Also, don't disrespect another teacher, it is just wrong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment