Friday, September 22, 2017

Eye Update...

Went in for the follow-up after the last injection. Vision has decreased again to 20/40 this time around. I was also told the scaring from the laser procedures is permanent and will continue to cause some vision loss but we are still going to continue the steroid injections at least two more times.
I am trying to stay positive in regards to the whole having a needle stuck in my eye every four to six months. I have decided I am going to be as stubborn as I can about not giving up on my eye healing. I am under no illusion the vision will return to 20/20 but if I can atleast not have to use excentric vision tactics to see letters, words, and symbols I will keep pushing through the whole injection process.
I have to say it is no fun getting stuck with a needle in a normal area but in the eye, there is no way to avert the sight of the needle myself I have to rely on the doctor to actually keep the needle out of my sight line when he is coming towards my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment