Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Boiled Peanuts...

Anyone from the south can tell you boiled peanuts are the best thing ever. Sunday on my husband's way home he remembered to stop and get me some boiled peanuts from a stand he passes on his way back from his monthly drill.
They were a great surprise and taste pretty good, but they are nowhere near as good as my family makes. I grew up on boiled peanuts, it was a summer family staple. We all looked forward to summer family gatherings because we all knew there would be boiled peanuts.
Now I have no clue where this idea for boiling them came from but I am sure happy to tell you I am glad it was thought of. They are best when the peanut itself is really soft and salty. This is something my step mother and uncle have mastered. They have huge pots they do this in and these pots are specific for this purpose. I don't think we use them for anything else. Not even pasta which we eat a lot of when we get together.
If you have never tried or heard of boiled peanuts I say the next time you are in the south or have a friend visit from the south ask them to bring you some to try. You will get addicted, as long as you actually like peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment