Friday, September 22, 2017

Dilation...

Anyone who has ever been to the eye doctor and this is actually something everyone should have done at least once in their lives. The dilation process is always done. Well, for me it is a normal part of every visit. Now when I say a normal part of my visits it is usually only the left eye, well yesterday one of my favorite doctor's aide got a little too dilation drop happy...lol We were talking and I did distract him with a story and stuff. They always check the pressure in both eyes but because we were chatting he dropped the dilation solution into the right eye and then started to drop in the left eye as normal.
I stopped him after the drop and reminded him we were only supposed to dilate the left eye and I was there alone.
The interesting part is when my eyes are dilated it doesn't take the full fifteen to twenty minutes to fully dilate. It only takes my eyes two to five minutes and then takes multiple hours for them to go back to normal. So, yesterday I had to drive home after my appointment basically blind because everything was blurry. I, unfortunately, didn't have a choice but to drive myself home and not stop anywhere between the doctor's office and home as I had previously planned.
It really is a great thing how everything is fast acting with the fact I have to get injections and lots of stuff done to my eye but it is not so great how it takes so long for the effects to wear off. I am grateful the effects don't wear off before the injections of course but at the same time when I am not getting the injections I hate how it takes so long and I have to go without real sight for multiple hours after and can't read anything.
Long story short, I got dilated and still made it home all on my own. Happy Friday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment