Saturday, August 19, 2017

Steroid Injection #???

By this point, I have lost count of the updates on the eye condition and treatment. But here we are with yet another one.
I spoke with the regular ophthalmologist while I was there to receive yet another steroid injection. Let me tell you, I am glad of the numbing, but damn it burns.
I have learned from my chat with the doctor the black line which is the thickening of the macula is in fact from the two laser procedures he had conducted, so it will not be going away. Which means the peripheral in my left eye to the left is even more limited than it was previously with just the leakage of the veins. So now there is that side effect to the treatment I was not aware of before agreeing to the treatment.
Now, don't get me wrong even had I known I still would have gone ahead with the treatment because the only other option was to do nothing and go blind. Not much of an option there is it?
So, I received another injection and was told to continue the steroid drops, but to cut back to twice a day rather than the four times I was previously told. The regular doctor believes it may assist the steroid pellet he injects into my eye to last a bit longer to allow a longer time frame between injections.
As you can guess, there are more injections in my future. However, on the bright side of all of this is the vision is still better than it was when I had the cataract. Unfortunately, it is still the same as it was before the cataract too. It really isn't so much fun to feel like you are looking through a circus/carnival mirror all the time and trust me, it isn't giving me the images of being thin or taller.
Silver lining - I can still see colors and some letters with my left eye and am not completely blind in that eye. I count this as a blessing even if the vision isn't perfect, it is vision none the less and I am able to do what I love, write and create cover art.

No comments:

Post a Comment