Saturday, August 5, 2017

Healthy, Happy Plants...

I have been posting about my adventures in gardening and being a green thumb. Well, folks, it has been five weeks since I started this adventure from a DIY experiment. I started with a slice of tomato and now I have this...
 

As you can see the tomato plants are growing beautifully. The cucumbers and Zucchini are also growing by leaps and bounds. I can't wait to see the blooms which will come before I get to see the wonderful veggies I am looking forward to harvesting and eating.
It is true eating vegetables straight from the garden have the best taste, however, getting them straight from your own garden makes the taste even better.
Now I am by no means saying I am going to become a farmer, but I am thoroughly enjoying working and growing this small garden. I will be adding some bell pepper plants soon I hope. Just seeded some seeds a few nights ago. I am looking forward to seeing the green pop up through the dirt.
I have also planted some moonflower seeds which have sprouted up. Now with these little babies, I was not sure if they would amount to anything because the seeds are easily five years old. The Moonflower is a vine, so now I have to decide where I am going to plant the vines. The joys of deciding where to plant things I have started from seeds.
I have added one more adventure to my gardening adventure. I have created a home made bug repellent using jalapeno pepper, hot sauce, garlic, and water. I have only sprayed it a couple times so I can't say for certain it is working but I am going to keep a close eye on the leaves to see if there is any new bug activity since I have started using the spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment