Thursday, August 3, 2017

Post-Op #2

The doctor is pleased, the healing is progressing from the surgery. Eye sight is dropped a little 20/30 this time. The doctor has prescribed more drops.  I am now doing five drops per day. Four drops of steroids and one drop of the antibiotic for the next two weeks.
Pictures were taken and I saw the swelling/blood leakage is slightly increased again, but still low. However, the decrease in vision is due to the leakage. With the addition of the steroid drops it will keep the leakage at bay. I may even get the vision back to 20/25.
The doctor who did the surgery said there was a thickening of the Macula. I am not sure and did not ask what it may mean for my vision issues. I am sure only time will tell. The fact the eye is healing after the surgery is a positive sign. I am holding out hope the eye will continue to heal itself further and seal up the cracked veins the doctor can't surgically repair. It has been the whole purpose behind the injections to get the eye to heal itself as it is naturally supposed to do.
It has been my unfortunate reality up to now, the eye has been unwilling to heal itself. I am going to say with a small amount of cynicism it has taken a major intrusion to the eye to make it do what it is supposed to have done on its own. At least it is the hope on my part.
I will return to the regular ophthalmologist Aug. 18th. We shall see what he says when I see him. I will also see how the steroid drops do over the next few days. Most of the time it takes a day or so for the medication to actually kick in. Again my favorite line with this...Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment