Sunday, July 17, 2016

Life Choices...

I was having a conversation the other day and realized how much I have allowed my out look on things to change.

Major life changes of my life in just the past two years.
A year ago I lost my job two months short of my 8 year anniversary of employment. My two youngest boys graduated high school and left home. I have been having treatments to deal with the sight loss in one of my eyes {I have posted about it before giving updates on treatments}. As well as pushing to make my writing an actual job for myself {Dealing with ups and downs as well as the madness of market}.

With all of this I have endeavored to stay strong and positive. I have hit road blocks, but have forced myself to see the silver lining around every disappointment. I have not always seen myself has the positive force for myself. However, I have always been the positive and supportive force for my friends and loved ones. I just never expected anything in return for that support, I gave it because I cared and saw their potential and wanted to always make sure they saw it too, even if it was through my eyes.

I post my updates regarding my treatments to make it easier to let family and friends know how things are going, mostly to save having to repeat myself multiple times :). I have been both honored and blessed by the amount of support and love I have been receiving from both family, old friends and new friends.

With my writing I have put my work out there for other writers to view and review. I have gotten a wide range or reactions to my first book {since it is the only one I have put out there so far}. The reviews have ranged from ecstatic and wanting more, moderate and even the not so ecstatic. However, I have refused to view any of the reviews negatively. You can't please everyone all of the time and not everyone likes the same thing, but every review ecstatic or non-ecstatic has value if you allow yourself to view everything as constructive.

Nothing has to be taken negatively unless you allow yourself to let it be negative. You have the power over how you value everything said, done or experienced. It is the one thing I have finally realized and because of it, I have stopped being afraid to say what I think or feel. I am proud of the woman I have become and proud of the life choices I have made. I have learned from my mistakes and have grown from those lessons. There are still more lessons to be learned and I eagerly await them with the goal of not allowing negativity to pull my back down.

Growth people, growth is what life is all about!! Live life, take chances, smell the roses, walk on the beach and dig your toes into the warm sand. The point is accept the choices you have made and learn the lessons from those choices and LIVE, don't WATCH life.

No comments:

Post a Comment