Monday, July 11, 2016

Grammar...UGH!!!

Grammar and knowing how to use proper grammar is not easy. Especially when outside of school slang is more readily used. Trying to always remind yourself when you are writing to use proper grammar and not slang is "Hard"

As a kid, I hated "Language Arts" and as a teenager I really hated "English" I believe it was the having to follow all the rules. The rules were never easy to remember or made much sense to me. My poor little brain didn't work like that.

However, now as an adult and writing, some of those really pain in the but rules that made no sense, now make sense and aren't as hard as I believed them to be as a kid. I am actually learning what I had such difficulty with as a kid.

There are still rules that I don't get, and some that I just have to be reminded of in formal writing and pleasing as many readers as possible. I love to write and entertain with words, I just have to rely on editors to remind me of the grammar rules and I am okay with that.

So to anyone that has either just started writing or is thinking about writing, my advice focus on the writing and let editors catch the grammar stuff. As a writer your job is to write, so just do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment