Saturday, September 3, 2016

Technology

The amount of our lives that revolves around technology is amazing. There isn't anywhere you can go where you won't see someone on a cell phone, staring at a tablet, or a laptop. We rely so strongly on technology these days, we sometimes forget they aren't immune to human error.
Frustration kicked in for me after a solid four hours of work lost because my computer shut down unexpectedly on my and I had not set up for auto backup of my work to be saved so I didn't have to manually do it every so often. Well needless to say the lost work was a tough reminder to go into the settings and correct that human error.
Going to the power of positive thinking, it forced me to take responsibility for the lost work because I didn't set up the autosave option as well as gave me the ability to accept the previous changes may not have been the correct ones but if they were, I would repeat them the same. Everything happens for a reason.
Technology is part of our lives and will continue to be, but we still have to keep in mind, it is not perfect and will fail because of human error.

No comments:

Post a Comment