Saturday, September 24, 2016

How do you work?

Everyone has a different way of approaching how they work. What I mean by how you work is, what keeps you on task? What helps you focus? Work isn't just a job you do, work is how your mind functions and process what you are thinking or doing.

For me I have to have back ground noise, static if you will. I use the tv or music to keep my focus on what I am doing. I find it keeps me from be distracted when I am doing things. With the tv it has to be on a channel which plays shows I have already seen so it doesn't pull my attention. Music is my favorite back ground noise. However the down side to music is the impulse to want to dance to certain songs. LOL

Here is why I know this about myself. When I was a child I was trained to sleep with a fan and to sleep at 12 hour intervals. I can't say how the 12 hour intervals occurred, but they did and still continue to this day. Well when I can anyway. As I got older my mother attempted to break this pattern with no luck. She would come in during the night and turn my fan off, especially in the winter and as soon as she would turn the fan off I would wake up. It really made her crazy because I slept with the fan in my open window. So glad I never had to look or understand the electric bill, at least then anyway. LOL So you see in my opinion, our training for how we do things as adults started when we were children. So what we call habits or personality, it started at the beginning.

There are those who need the silence, but I just can't comprehend no sound. I find silence deafening. I can't even get my mind to stay on one track when there is complete silence. I feel like I am losing my mind when it is silent.

So, how do you work? Do you know why?

No comments:

Post a Comment