Friday, May 25, 2018

Rocked it...

So excited to say I "Rocked" my presentation today! I was nervous since it was my very first time doing a presentation but I, not only survived it, I stayed focused and delivered as a professional. I did get critiqued since it was in front of my peers.
One was my delivery and enthusiasm changed from little enthusiasm at the beginning to energetic enthusiasm at the end. This one I realize had some to do with nerves at the beginning but the time was ticking down which caused my strength adaptability to kick in to make sure I finished the presentation in the time allowed. The nerves will get better the more I do it and the delivery will be smoother the next time around.
The second one, well this one will become smoother with the practice, I said "um" enough to be distracting to the listeners. Here I wasn't familiar enough with my script and wasn't reading from it so the word "um" flowed out while I was thinking of the next thing to say.
The third one, the closing, I didn't have one. Since this was a room of my classmates they and the instructor assisted me in creating my closing, so I now have one.
The last thing was a suggestion of adding my presentation in video form to my website. I will be taking this suggestion and doing it once I have refined the delivery and will be cutting it from fifteen minutes to seven minutes.
Be nervous but never doubt what you can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment