Friday, April 20, 2018

Feeling Positive...

Despite the not so great news from the doctor visit on Wednesday, I am feeling very positive. The new adventure is picking up momentum and I am thrilled. I will be attending a 10-week class starting next week which will equip me with not only powerful knowledge but I will learn how to hone my skills in several areas.
Yesterday's orientation was very uplifting and inspiring. I met some really amazing women and so look forward to getting to know them better. There is another seminar tomorrow which I will be attending as well and look forward to what I can take away from it as well.
If you have never heard of them, if you have and not tried their services, you should really think again and do it. Dress For Success is an awesome group and provide much-needed confidence building, networking, support, clothing assistance, knowledge, training, and encouragement. This awesome non-profit group is not only for women but for men who are finding it difficult to find employment.
If you are an employer I would encourage you to help support this organization. There are many ways to support this organization besides financially. They are always in need of volunteers, corporations who are willing to set aside time to assist with mock interviews, donations of; professional clothing, shoes, purses, and accessories (scarves, jewelry, and belts). You just need to contact the organization in your area and see what type of assistance works for you or your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment