Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Author or Vendor

Okay, I consider myself an Author, not a vendor. However, without an agent or marketer, I guess in some ways I am a vendor too. This is so not easy. I want to increase my following as well as get my book as much exposure as I can. The road to get there is not the smoothest or the easiest.
As a self-published Author, the road is not nearly as rough as it once was. There are so many ways to publish your own work, the downside it getting the exposure. Having a publisher makes everything easier as far as getting the exposure, but then you have the creative difficulties and the pressure of what someone else thinks your work should be. Now I am not saying all publishers are like this, but there is always a box they want everything to fit into. So the task is to find the right publisher to fit into your own box rather than having to fit into someone else's box.
So, I guess as a self-publishing Author, you fill all the shoes a publisher would fill including the main one as Author.
I keep in mind anything worth having is worth working your hardest to achieve. Never giving up on anything just because it is too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment