Sunday, February 26, 2017

Snippet #5

As she sat there trembling, he watched her with a wicked smile crossed his face. He said, "You have been lucky over the last month, but I told you if I want something I always get my way. You will be back before she even knows you are gone, and I am telling you, she is not to ever know. Do you understand me?"
As he moved closer to her, she slid closer to the door away from him. She hated him. When her father died, he came to her and told her since there was no one else to take her she was his. Knowing he was right, she had no choice but to suffer at his hand. Her father owed him, and now his debt was hers.
With no way to escape, he reached and pulled her to him kissing her roughly. The driver rolled the separation window up, and she was left to his whims. She closed her eyes and found a quiet place in her mind to escape mentally since she could not escape physically. She felt his hands moving roughly over her body as he removed her clothing. He slid her into a lying position, he moved on top of her, continuing to kiss her neck he moved down her body when there was a sudden jerk snapping her back.
At the driver, he yelled, "What the hell are you doing?"
As the window lowered, the side door opened, and Jack stood holding his hand out to Amber to help her out of the car. Unable to comprehend what was happening, she froze unable to move. Cyrus was yelling at Jack when she saw Christine move into her line of sight. She began to cry and reached for her.
Christine grabbed her clothing and her hand. Christine wrapped Amber in her arms and led her to the car waiting. Cyrus was out of the car and moved towards them as Christine opened the door. Christine told her it would be all right and told her to get into the car.
Cyrus was seething, as he spoke, "What are you doing? She is my property as you are, and if I want her, I will have her."
She closed the door, Christine turned towards him, as she reminded, "No, Cyrus you won't. She is my employee, your words, not mine, so she is my property, if it is how you want to look at it, and you will not lay a hand on her ever again."
He stepped up closer to her, as he seethed and spoke through gritted teeth, "What you own I own so she is still my property. You will not interfere again. Now get her back in my car!"
She closed the space between them, as she replied, "No, and you will not intimidate me the way you do everyone else. I may be here as your property, but remember I am here of my own choice not because I owe you anything, not even my life. But I tell you this much, do not cross me or you will find out just what I am capable of in the end."
He raised his hand. He felt someone move up behind him, he turned and saw Jack. He turned back towards Christine, and smiled wickedly as he informed, "You are safe only because you carry my child in your belly, but know once the child is born, your life will be at my whim." He turned back to Jack and instructed, "Take them home, and they are not to leave the property. If any shopping needs to be done, send others to do it."
Nodding his head, Jack replied, "Yes Sir."
Without another word, he turned and headed back to his car as he yelled at the driver to get them to the airport.
Christine smiled at Jack then got into the car to find Amber crying uncontrollably. She pulled her into a hug as she consoled, "It is all right; I am sorry I allowed you out of my sight long enough for him to get you away from me. You are safe now." Christine looked up at Jack in the mirror, as she requested, "Take us home please."
Jack nodded, as he agreed, "Yes Ma’am."
For the first time, Amber felt loved, as she sat being held by Christine. She had lost her mother when she was young, and her father had tried to be as loving as he could be, but he wanted her to be strong, so he was never affectionate with her. She felt she needed, to be honest with Christine, she pulled out of her hold and looked into her eyes and what she saw made her relax. She knew Christine cared about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment