Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Vision Update

I haven't given an update recently on my vision. Well, the last visit with the eye doctor went well in comparison to previous visits. Not as though any were bad, just disappointing. Of course, I go through the normal vision reading test every time I go in, but it was not as good as the last visit. They said it just gives them an idea of where my vision is from my point of view.
Had more eye pictures done to see how the swelling was doing since the last shot. Well, to give you a little background, previous pictures had lots of red and yellow, which I can tell you are not good colors to see when looking at pictures of the inside of your eye. Well, this last set of pictures had no red or yellow, just lots of blue and green.
The swelling is not completely gone, but there has been a dramatic decrease since this last steroid injection. Now it is just a waiting game. We have decided to see how the injection and previous laser procedure continue to progress. At the next appointment, we will either discuss another steroid injection or the possibility or proceed with cataract correction surgery.
Now, I will not get negative, but going off the past events of this long trip there is always the possibility the swelling will come back and I will have to continue to deal with this. I will still see the silver lining of even if I can only see with one eye, I can still see. I can still write. I can still function and live my life. I may have limitations I didn't have before, but I will overcome as I always have in the past and continue to live my life to the best of my abilities and to its fullest.
I will never let the limitations keep me from living my life or enjoying my life. It may limit certain aspects of my life, but it will not stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment