Monday, February 20, 2017

Snippet #3

Christine pulled out of Daniel's hold and moved from the bed. She had packed everything the night before, so it just had to be moved downstairs for the taxi. She took one last look at him sleeping and left the room and closed the door quietly behind her. She held back the tears; they were not going to do her any good. She had to say goodbye.
She walked into the dining room and sat down to eat. It was usually quiet this early in the morning. She thought it would be easiest to leave without conflict. No conflict would only work if she were gone when everyone got up. Ben was always up, so he brought her, her usual. He smiled as he placed her plate in front of her. As he turned to leave, Lyric and Olivia came through the door. They were both dressed for riding. Christine looked up with surprise, as she stated, “I didn’t think anyone was up.”
Lyric looked at her as she accused, “Thought you would leave without saying goodbye?”
Christine nodded as she admitted, “I’m sorry, but thought it would be easier this way.”
Olivia ran towards her as she begged, “No, you can’t leave. We need you here.”
Christine smiled up at her as she said, “I know you think so Olivia, but you guys will all be just fine without me.”
Olivia and Lyric both shook their heads at her but said nothing further as they sat down to eat. Christine finished eating. Stood up, walked towards Lyric, hugged her and then hugged Olivia. She looked at both women as she confessed, “I love you guys, and I promise I will keep in contact with you. I will be back when the little one arrives. But I have to leave before anyone else wakes up.”
Olivia stayed quiet as she started to cry. Lyric nodded then spoke to her telepathically, “You spent the night with him. Didn’t it change anything?”
Christine hung her head as she replied, “No, he had the chance to mark me and didn’t. Nothing has changed. It is what it is, and it is what I have to accept, but right now, it isn't possible if I stay. Please understand I have to do this. I don’t want to leave; I have to.”
Lyric nodded as she accepted, “I understand. Just know you only need to call out, and I will be there.”
Christine nodded and left the dining room. She was able to make it out to the cab without running into anyone else. When she got into the cab, she sat back closing her eyes recalling the night they had gotten back to the estate.

They originally thought Olivia was the target when the blast came through her room, but it turns out she was the target. When they got to the hospital, she had spoken with the guy who had followed them from the house. She had not gotten much out of him. However, he had put her in touch with the person who hired him. She received a call from him after she returned to the estate. He gave her a choice. She was not sure she had made the right choice until Daniel refused to mark her as his.

No comments:

Post a Comment