Friday, April 7, 2017

Pancake & Booze Art Show

As events go, this was a very interesting event. I really enjoyed myself. There was a very diverse group of individuals who came through the event. I was so excited to see such a multitude of ages. It was truly an amazing experience.

As I had said prior to the event I was very nervous. It was my first event I stepped out to do. The warm up was the two wonderful ladies who were vendors as well and have been doing this for some time. The asked questions and actually were my opening exercise as well as my wonderful friend Dennah Sharapovah who, is an artist and had pieces at the show, had originally introduced me to the event.

It was good for me to get in front of people to talk about my books. I didn't go into too much about the characters other than to say each book tells about different characters to continue the story rather than focusing on only two of the characters. I watched the individual to understand how much information to actually give. I talked longer to those who were really interested and less to those who were just wanting a quick speech.

I also have to give a shout out to my wonderful husband who stepped out of his comfort zone to help me make this event. He stayed with me throughout the whole show. He stepped out a few times, but for the most part, he stayed right by my side. I couldn't have asked for more of him.

So, I can say success was achieved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment