Thursday, April 6, 2017

Nervous & Excited

Today is the day, the art show is tonight. I am so excited as well as nervous. I am actually putting myself out there in front of people in a more visible way. Putting your writing out there is a big step and nerve wracking on its own because you are exposing yourself to others thoughts and opinions of your work.

As Writers/Authors, we put our work out on display just like any other artist, but we in some ways have a vail we can hide behind, our pen name as it were. We can be somewhat shielded where painters and musicians are completely vulnerable from the beginning.

I will be exposing myself completely tonight and putting myself out in front of peers and readers and opening up myself to the public in a way I had not ever thought about doing before. It is one thing to be a well known and loved Author, but it is completely another to be an up and coming one with no reputation to fall back on to help push your work.

Lucky for me I have some great support from friends and family who believe in my talent and ability. Without them, I don't think I would have had the courage to take this leap and allow the vulnerability to be exposed. Thank you to my friends and family for all your support!!!

I will have copies of my first book "Lyric & Michael" available for purchase and will be more than happy to autograph purchased copies. Please come by and ask questions and look at the books.

To all my artist friends out there, we got this!

If you are going to be in the Raliegh area, you should come out and show your support of the local artist presenting at the event tonight. Pancake & Booze Art Show at the Lincoln Theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment