Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Questions...

Have you ever wondered why you aren't getting the answers you seek?
Have you thought about the questions you are asking?
How about the way you are asking the question?

I realized yesterday while I was sitting in the eye doctor's chair waiting for the numbing drops to take effect so the injection could be administered. As normal the doctor talked, giving me information as he normally did about what to expect and why we were waiting.
Now mind you, I had taken my anxiety medication to help keep me calm during the procedure. Trust me when I tell you, I hated needles before all of this, now I really hate them. However, this injection went as well as the past ones, but I felt the pressure more and heard the click of the injection shooting the steroid pill into my eye, not something I recall ever hearing previously. I actually saw the pill shoot into my eye and float around to it's resting position.
While I sat there recovering and the doctor cleaning up my eye of the iodine and placing antibiotics into my eye to help prevent infection. I asked the right question this time and came away with news which actually gave me the best news I have heard in two years.
I have learned, even though my sight is not back to normal, my eye is actually healing. Several of the spots in my eye which were damaged have actually healed. I guess my previous thoughts of only having three areas of damage which were leaking was incorrect. There were many, not sure of the actual number, however, the knowledge the eye is actually healing like it is supposed to, sets my fears at ease as of now.

So, in hindsight, I realize I have been asking the wrong questions. Now, the right question has finally made its way to the front. This is why I say, if you aren't getting the answers you seek, think about the questions you are asking. Also, think about the answers you are truly seeking.

Get the answers you are looking for, but thinking about the questions needed to get those correct answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment