Sunday, May 8, 2016

Eye injection -- number I've lost count

I will make this post tonight because I will be unable to do it tomorrow. I get yet another steroid injection in my eye tomorrow afternoon. The hope is it will bring the swelling down. I know it will bring the swelling down for a little while, however, I know from past experience it won't last for more than 2 months.
Within 30 days from tomorrow, I will go back in for a laser procedure again in the hopes of getting closer to the swelled areas. According to the doctor, his hope is to get as close to the affected areas as possible to potentially trigger the eye to begin to heal like it should naturally.
I continue to hope for the best but have accepted and come to terms with the fact it may not actually work and the vision will remain as is and potentially get worse over time. It is funny in a sickening way to cause damage to fix previous, damage.
I suppose in thinking about it, it is what is done when you renovate a building or landscape a yard. The saying "It gets worse before it gets better." I believe in many things and ways it is true, but in my situation, I think the only way it is going to get better, is by me accepting and making the best of my situation. Being thankful for what I do have and am capable of regardless of small setbacks.
So I say this, always be happy with what you have or have had in your past. Always make a positive out of a negative. Strive for your dreams and never let anyone hold you back. Stand strong in yourself and help those around you be strong with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment