Thursday, May 23, 2019

Paramotoring Adventure

Hi all, it has been some time since I posted last due to lots and lots of projects and no time to sit down to talk. This week I started paramotoring training with some of my family. I have been posting videos each day to Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter so yall can follow along with my adventure in learning how to go from being a flightless bird to an airborne flightless bird with assistance.
I originally was excited for my husband to do this as well as two of our boys, but circumstances created an opportunity for me to join in on the experience. I have to say after three days I am so glad it did. I have always enjoyed flying when I traveled so when I met my husband the desire to be the one behind the controls grew. Unfortunately, due to my blindness in the left eye flying an actual plane became something I knew I would not be able to do so him finding the paramotoring sport turned out to be my chance to actually get to fly and be in control.
We have been in training now for three days with some really amazing instructors who have in just a short time brought us from spectators to operators. I don't believe any other instructors could have clicked with our group as well and as quickly as these guys have. We are still their students but they have become family in my view, as well as have the other two students who were added to our class because with just my crew we made a class of four. So now our class is a class of six with three instructors.
To follow along and see me doing the different things we are being taught - Kiting, Lean-backs, Motorsims, Towing, Taxi practice, and finally First Flight go to my Instagram page and join in on the fun. You can find me @authordmsimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment