Monday, February 26, 2018

Fur babies Update...

Well, as of right now it is still unclear if the fur babies will be coming to live with us. The friend is having a very hard time deciding if she can do this.
I can completely understand since I know it would be hard for me to willingly give up any of my fur babies. For people who don't have or have never had kids, their animals are their kids. So, for them, it is the equivalent of giving up a child.
I know there is a very large difference in the aspect of animal versus human but the emotion is similar. In the mind of someone who only has animals as their children, the emotional attachment is, in their minds, this is my child. To give up the animal is just as heart-wrenching for them.
I feel for my friend and understand what she is going through in making this decision. Especially since she has had the dogs since they were puppies. It will be a change for the dogs but they will adjust, as for my friend I am not so sure she will adjust as quickly or at all.
We have discussed if she does bring them to us and changes her mind we will be more than happy to give them back to her. Us taking on the dogs is not only to help her but also to give her the peace of mind they will be well taken care of, kept together, and she will still have access to see them.
I will keep updating and let you know when or if we get our new family additions...

No comments:

Post a Comment