Wednesday, February 21, 2018

New Family Additions

While everyone else is having babies I am adding fur babies. Last night was exciting and noisy. In an attempt to assist a friend we will be adding two new dogs to our household. Before we just agreed we wanted to see how the dogs would socialize, so our friend brought the dogs out for a visit.
The exciting part is my husband will again have his favorite dog again. The dogs Great Danes. They are absolutely beautiful!
Now, I had always heard Great Danes were big dogs but I really didn't have anything to compare the size of a big dog was a German Shepard and a Bouvia Deflaunder. When the dogs arrived I was shocked at how large they really were. I told my husband he understated the size, calling them big. They are giant! I had actually never been face to face with a Great Dane. Well, I can now never say those words again. I had my first encounter with a Great Dane and when I say encounter the dog stood on her hind legs and was taller than me.
I did learn they really are gentle giants. The dogs actually socialized very well even though both males are not fixed. It will be very important for me to start training them to me once they are here on a permanent base. I can not wait for them to be here and for the family dynamics to form.
The best part of the evening was just before they left, we were in the dining room and my Shepard was under the table and the male Dane was standing next to it and my Shepard barked startling the Dane who jumped straight up like a cat and landed on the dining room table. I laughed so hard because I have never seen a dog jump like a startled cat before. It was just the funniest thing even though this huge dog was standing on my dining room table. I so wish I had my phone camera running, it would have been an awesome video to share.
Here are my future fur babies...
This is June and Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment