Monday, June 5, 2017

End of School Year

Every year I used to dread this time of year because it meant the question, "What to do now?" My kids would leave me for the summer to visit their dad and I would be left on my own. Now for the first couple weeks, it would be hard and I would become a workaholic. However, after those initial weeks, I would start going and hanging out with friends and finding things to keep myself busy.

Now my kids are grown and have left home so this time of year just simply means no work since I have become a substitute teacher as a job. The great part is I will have plenty of time to write, do corrections, and design my covers and get them ready. The bad part is I will still have to get over the whole not having anywhere to be since school will be out.

I don't know about you all, but for me staying in the house and not leaving is not healthy for me. I enjoy being around people and hanging out with friends. Durning the week hanging out with the friends won't be so easy because they all work. So I will just have to make myself follow a schedule, is anyone laughing at that statement. I know I am, I don't ever stick to a schedule, I don't know how, nor is it in my personality to do so. :)

Whatever you all have planned for your summer months I hope you have a lot of fun and spend it with the ones you love and cherish. Be sure to drop in on friends and family you haven't seen in a little while and let them know they matter.

Have a great summer everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment