Friday, June 23, 2017

Eye Update

Well, surgery has been scheduled. Had my consult with the surgeon yesterday. It is all still seeming surreal, but it is now on the calendar. I am anxious about it even though I know it will be being done by the most experienced surgeon with the medical clinic I am currently a patient of. I also know it will be done with the most advanced technology available.

My sons love to remind me of Final Destination 3. For those of you who have never seen this movie, there is a scene in the movie where a character went in for Lasik and the machine killed her. It seems a bit warped, but it is their way of teasing me to take away from the anxiety. It does make me laugh, because, of course, the movie is pretend and out of someone's imagination.

I know even if this surgery will not correct my vision issues, it will assist in the continued efforts to repair what is causing the vision impairment. If you have ever had a cataract or know anyone who has you know it blocks the vision seeing outward, however, it also prevents the doctor to see in. So hence the reason I need to have this surgery.

Please send positive thoughts my way if you have the chance. I can use all the positivity I can get. Thank you, everyone, for all your love and support during this unexpected adventure my life has granted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment