Thursday, June 15, 2017

Update - eye condition

Had my follow up appointment after the last injection. On the upside, the swelling is down again. On the downside, the cataract is worse and actually causing color discoloration in my eye now. The plus to this downside is it can be corrected.

I will still have to continue the injections, but the silver lining to this is I will never have to worry about cataracts in my left eye once I have the surgery. I have my consultation set and should be having the surgery within the next five to six weeks.

The million dollar question is still why this has happened? Still, has no answer and I don't think it ever will. It just is what it is.

The goal of the surgery is to assist in allowing me to gain back as much vision in my left eye as possible. Due to the cataract, there is no way to know how much vision is possible when the swelling is down. However, there is now scaring from two laser procedures done, so unsure what will happen once the cataracts are removed, or I should say more accurately is once the lens is replaced.

Did any of you know there are different replacement lenses to choose from? I sure didn't, but I do now. I haven't looked at the information as of yet, but it should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment