Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Family Time...

It was great to see family and meet friends of those family members whom I had never met before. I love meeting new people, it is awesome to learn what other people do when they aren't hanging out at a campground with crazy people. :)

My husband is not a big joiner kind of person, so I have been pleasantly surprised he has agreed, not only once, but twice to go hang out with my nutty family in the middle of nowhere camping. Which by the way when I say camping it is more like summer camp, we have bunk beds to sleep on and we are in a building with a kitchen and bathrooms. No tents. But it is the closest to real camping I will ever get these days because I am not a camping type person.

Spent some quality time with my dad, which I haven't done in years. I realized he and I see things very much the same and it really surprised me. I have lived away from my family for many, many years. In some cases, I am glad I am some distance from them but at other, I miss being close enough to visit more regularly.

However, the weekend is not all good. Had a family member suffer a heart attack as I was ending my work day to start my weekend. Unfortunately, he does not live in the same state as I do or I wouldn't have left and gone on the trip. But the good news is he is recovering and at home. I am so grateful he is alive, now he just has to do what the doctor orders and go through a heart bypass surgery this summer. Please keep my family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment