Sunday, November 13, 2016

Friday follies...

Well as most know Friday was Veterans Day, the say we thank those who are serving, and who have served. We celebrate them for the gifts they allow us to enjoy. I said my thanks via Facebook to those who are too far to thank in person and hugged those who were near.

Well for the follies of this is I was sitting on my couch, actually doing some writing when I noticed bright lights flashing on the wall opposite of where I was sitting. Of course, my couch is between the windows not facing them. The dog had been barking but since I was so consumed in what I was writing I just kept telling her to hush.

Little did I realize, until I got up and looked, a cop had pulled a car over in my driveway and was doing the normal pull over deal. Well, the best part, maybe not the best part, is, I realized it was my son. He was pulled over in our driveway. Now who can say they have been pulled over in their own driveway?

I didn't want to go out onto the porch so as to not upset the cop or cause any issues, so I watched from the window, then went back to the couch and looked at my phone. I had a text from him saying "Yup, that just happened." I couldn't help but laugh.

His story was the cop followed him riding his butt about 2 miles and when he put his turn signal on to pull into the yard he flipped his lights. He had his conversation with the cop, did all the respectful things. The cop said to him, "I will be right back." When he came back he handed my son his stuff back said, "Thank you for your service son and please slow down. Have a great night."

It pays to be respectful no matter what the situation is. The cop didn't have to let his infraction go, but because my son showed him the respect he was due, the cop also showed the respect my son was due. Now don't get me wrong, there are those cops out there who abuse the power, but I truly believe if you show respect you will get respect.

Choose to respect, not disrespect it is just the humane and right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment