Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Entitlement

Can anyone explain to me the thought process behind "Entitlement" cause I just don't get it!

I mean I understand what the word means, but what I don't get is how anyone can feel and express they deserve better than someone else. We all have to work for what we get, respect, money, and possessions.

The only thing I see anyone of us has a right to feel "entitled" to, is the right to live. Breath air into our lungs and have opinions. However, just because you are entitled to your own opinion, does not entitle you to force it upon others.

We all work hard for what we have gained, but to me, it doesn't "entitle" one to look down upon another, just because they have gained less.

I am very saddened by what I am seeing coming up with the next several generations. The idea of "entitlement" has trickled down and perspective has been lost. The display of attitudes and lack of respect has grown overwhelmingly to almost nonexistent and been replaced with the idea of "entitlement."

Somewhere along the line, the thought of reality, of entitlement has been replaced with perceived notions of what it is to be entitled.

Money does not equal entitlement
Power does not equal entitlement
Greed does not equal entitlement

History is there to teach us not to give reasons for entitlement - We are to learn, not repeat, to be better, accept differences and grow.

Entitlement is not something earned or something to be demanded
Entitlement is what each of us has a god given right to do from the day we are born and it is to live, love, be good to one another and excel at life.

Now, of course, this is my opinion of what I see and experience. If you agree or disagree I am all for hearing your points of view and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment