Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Count Down Begins

Well as we enter August we start the countdown to school starting. The rush to get the school supplies and clothes just to start. Then you wait for the official first day of school. For those seasoned school parents, this is just another year closer to the end of pre-college schooling. A year closer to high school graduation.
For the newcomers to this fun adventure called school, the roller coaster ride is not always a fun one. However, the ride will be like nothing you have experienced thus far. The only advice I can pass being what I would call a seasoned school parent. Take lots of deep breaths and don't always assume your child is innocent, but on the same note don't always assume your child is in the wrong. Listen to both sides and since you know your child and their behavior, you will know who is telling you the truth. Always trust your own judgment of the child you know and have raised.
Now, I get to learn the college parent roller coaster. This roller coaster is more of a sit back watching and waiting until they need the help. They are now grown up and responsible, well that is the hope anyway...lol But it is the whole letting go thing, it is hard.
I get to welcome back one of my sons and send one back off to college. I get all three of my kids back in NC, I am so excited.
I wish you all a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment