Monday, July 16, 2018

This weeks letter "N"


Narrative...as we all know, is a story or an account of event, experiences, or the like. Can be true or fictitious. It is the art, technique, or process in telling the story.
We all have our own ways of narrating the stories we tell. Some do it in a chronological order. Some start at the end and work backward. There are even those who start in the middle.
There is no finite rule to how you write a story. How you write your story is always what works best for you. It is also what is best for your audience. The way you tell your story is how you make your story exciting and your audience wants to hear more.
For me, I always write from the beginning of the story and let it flow. However, I have started further into a story and had to go back and create the beginning. I have talked to other authors who start at the ending. I see these differences as what makes each author unique and is what draws their audience to them.
The amount of excitement, emotion, passion, and drive are all part of your narrative. I leave you with this thought...writing is for the author just as much as it is for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment