Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Eye Update...

I know it has been a while since I have updated on the status of my eye situation. As I stated in the previous update the 2nd/4th opinion turned out to show the injections were causing more harm than helping but would have been the path of choice even for that doctor. The only difference was her suggestion to get testing done to see if I had a clotting issue in my blood.
I went for my annual check-up last week and had the tests run. The good news is there are no clotting issues with my blood. However, it puts me back at square one. I still have no idea how, why or what caused this to happen to my eye or how to prevent it from happening to the other eye.
Unfortunately, it did not turn out as I had hoped and there is no chance of vision ever being restored in my left eye. The reality of it is, "it is what it is." I am not being negative or getting down about it. I have been living with this now for over 7 years and truth be told I am grateful I can still see and do the things I love.
I can still see colors, read, write, create, and assist other with these items as well. I refuse to let this stop me from living my life or stop me from doing what makes me the happiest. I will be staying strong in my conviction of being true to myself and not letting the hurdle become a blockade. I have overcome the limitations and converted my way of doing things to jump the hurdles as they come up in front of me.
As the saying goes, what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger. I refuse to give in or give up, I will be stronger! 

No comments:

Post a Comment