Thursday, December 21, 2017

Eye Update...

Well had yet another follow-up today. The swelling/blood leakage is slow and has not increased. However, the eye pressure has increased to the point the doctor has now put me on putting medicated drops in twice a day to try to bring the pressure down before my next appointment. Still no end in sight (no pun intended) on the injections. I will be scheduling the next injection for early Feb sometime which will put it three months from the previous one in Nov.
The doctor has jumped back on the positive train of the sight will improve and I should gain better sight and not have the carnival mirror sight. I, however, am staying with let's be positive but let's live in reality, we can't repair the vessels and they are not healing, the injections are just slowing the leak not plugging it.
I am not giving up but with the length of time and the lack of improvement keeps me from going all the way to saying the sight will come back, may not be 20/20 but it will be better than what it has been. I am just not setting myself up for the disappointment I know will come when he has to say there is nothing more we can do.
As for now I still have good vision in my right eye even with it doing most of the work and for this, I am grateful and can still do what I love, write and design covers. Even if I lost my vision I could still write I would lose my ability to design and I know I would not be pleased or joyful about it at all.
Ending on a positive note, the drive is there to not give up and to stay somewhat positive for a good outcome in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment