Sunday, December 31, 2017

Broken Heart!

This past week I had to say goodbye to my beloved Gigi. Gigi was 13 years old and died in her sleep. As hard as it was to let her go when I did, I know it was even harder for my husband who was the one who found her.
She was fine earlier in the morning before he and she went to sleep. I, of course, was already asleep. I got up and saw her for a few moments before she went back to sleep once the puppies were out of the room.
She was a wonderful cat, so different. She had previously been a bit unsocial but once the kids left she became so much more affectionate and loving. She would come and sit with me at my desk, lay next to me at night sleeping, or come climb in my lap when she felt I should be paying attention to her and not working on my computer. Her little head butts to my face when getting in my lap wasn't enough to make her point.


No comments:

Post a Comment