Thursday, May 25, 2017

Eye Update

I had to hold off on writing this post. I had my hopes up a little too high this time and was crushed when the results were not what I had hoped for.

So here it is, the swelling is back and I will have to continue the injections. Time frame is unknown at this time. However the silver lining, if you want to call it that, is I can still have the cataract surgery this summer and will never have to worry about cataracts ever again. The reason I say this is because the injections I have been receiving are the reason I have the cataracts. They were a side affect to the steroids.

I have to say the doctor was just as disappointed as I was to see the swelling was back. He was kind enough to wipe my tears and not say anything or try to make me feel better. He was just as hopeful since the past two pictures sessions showed no swelling he was of the opinion this time would be the same and the previous laser procedures he had done were continuing to mend the areas of leakage.

To both our dismay the leakage has started again. The leakage of blood is what is causing the "swelling" in the eye. Just to explain that part a little better. If you were to look at my eye you would never know or see the bleeding in the eye.

From here the hope is just to get some vision back in my left eye, there will never be perfect vision in that eye ever again. The right eye is still 20/20 and is not showing any signs of distress or issues. I will continue to keep my chin up and be grateful I will not lose my sight completely in my left eye and accept the limitations I will have from here on out.

I thank you all for your positive thoughts. May you all stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment