Saturday, May 20, 2017

YouTube take 1

Quiet on the set and 3, 2, 1 Action...

Today was a blast. I was so nervous, but everything turned out great. I went into the adventure of making a YouTube video about my books as a marketing tool and was not sure exactly how I was going to do it. I actually spent several hours writing a script for myself. I thought about me introducing the series and then making additional segments about each book. The one thing which kept creeping into my mind was, I can be animated when talking about my stories and characters, but can I do it on camera without feeling foolish. I am the person who will hang up rather than leave a voicemail because I don't like to talk to machines.

However, I can say it was suggested to me to intro the series and then do a book club discussion about each book in later segments. I liked the idea of the book club discussions so I ran with the idea and turned the intro into an author/reader discussion. I had two of my readers/editors join me in this adventure. I have to give it to them they were awesome sports about it since I kind of hit them with the idea right before we did the video.

We had a great time making the video together and before we knew it the camera man was telling us the camera was about to die because we had been talking for almost 20 minutes. Lucky for us the camera man will be doing some editing so there will be several segments between 3 to 5 minutes long each.

With this take 1 over I am so excited and ready to do the next take for the segments about the first book. I will announce when the first segment is uploaded and ready for viewing. Stay tuned sports fans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment