Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Kids

What can I say, KIDS!!

No matter how old they get, if you are a mom it doesn't matter they are still your baby. The worry, the love, the concern and the pride get more intense when they are not under foot.

The unnerving phone call you get when your child calls to tell you, I was just in an accident. I'm okay, but my car, on the other hand, is not. The immediate wash of relief because they are okay, then you berate them with a mash of questions in an attempt to know if it was their fault, where they were, how fast they were going, how bad is the damage to the car, and were there any witnesses.

As a mom, I have been really lucky. Even though two of my boys have been in accidents, they have both been physically all right. However, my nerves knowing they are driving long distances or even short distances still puts me on edge until I know they are home with me or at their destination.

I honestly think they believe I am just being over protective, but you know what if I am being over protective then hey they can just suck it up and do as I request and text me when they have reached their desired destination. Most of the time they remember to text, but sometimes I just have to take on the no news is good news attitude just to keep my sanity.

As my husband reminds me, they are grown adults and responsible for themselves. My job of raising them is done and I need to trust I did a good job. I guess it is different for fathers than it is for mothers. But then again I think it all depends on if the child is a son or a daughter. Fathers tend to be over protective of daughters. Mothers, however, are over protective no matter son or daughter.

To all those parents out there, take deep breaths and believe you did a great job. You can't always protect them from evil, but be confident in them and what you taught them.

No comments:

Post a Comment